Nikon AF-S 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- ED, SR, and Fluorite Elements
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coatings
Speed, reach, and flexibility define the Nikon AF-S 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR; an F-mount telephoto zoom characterized by an advanced optical design, quick focusing performance, and a bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture. Fluorite, short-wavelength refractive (SR), and extra-low dispersion (ED) glass is used throughout the optical layout to effectively suppress a variety of aberrations for improved clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy throughout the zoom range. ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats, as well as a Super Integrated Coating, have been applied, too, to suppress flare, ghosting, and surface reflections for improved contrast and color fidelity.
Balancing the optical merits, this 120-300mm is also characterized by its inclusion of a Vibration Reduction image stabilization system that compensates for camera shake to enable sharper handheld shooting. A Silent Wave Motor also benefits producing sharp imagery and affords quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, a rotating tripod collar is featured to assist working with a support system and this lens utilizes an electromagnetic diaphragm to ensure consistent exposure stability when shooting at fast continuous speeds.
- Designed for use with FX image sensors, this 120-300mm lens is also compatible with DX sensors where it will provide a 180-450mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and benefits working in available lighting conditions as well as offers improved control over depth of field.
- Featuring a combination of one extra-low dispersion element, two fluorite elements, and one short-wavelength refractive element, chromatic aberrations and color fringing is effectively eliminated throughout the zoom range for notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake, benefiting this lens use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Focus range limiter allows you to constrict the focus system to a 19.7 to infinity range for faster focusing performance.
- Assignable Function buttons can be used for lens-based activation of AF/AE Lock modes or for switching between different AF Area Modes.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel, along with a front fluorine coating, benefits the lens use in inclement conditions.
- Tripod collar offers well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod. The collar ring also incorporates ball bearings for smooth transitions between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR V... Specs
|Focal Length||120 to 300mm|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||20° 20" to 8° 10"|
|Minimum Focus Distance||6.56" / 2 m|
|Optical Design||25 Elements in 19 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Fixed and Rotating|
|Filter Size||112 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||5.04 x 11.95" / 128 x 303.5 mm|
|Weight||7.15 lb / 3250 g|
|Package Weight||16.665 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.4 x 12.6 x 12"|