Compact and lightweight, the black Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital Camera makes a suitable everyday companion for those who want both an easy-to-use and highly capable camera system. With built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth, the 24.2MP APS-C camera makes it easy to share your snaps and videos almost immediately after you take them. For those looking to expand their photography skills this camera is a great stepping off point as it has a Creative Assist feature that can walk you through how certain settings affect your image. Or, if you simply want to capture your grand adventures with your friends, a Self Portrait mode is available for making use of the 180° tilt ability of the 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD. Photographers who desire a compact and powerful camera will appreciate the performance of the M100 as it boasts a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 7 processor to produce sharp, rich imagery at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Shooters will also benefit from the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system to provide fast, accurate focusing while shooting both stills and video. Speed is also a highlight with continuous shooting at up to 4 fps with AF or up to 6.1 fps with AF lock. Beyond stills, the M100 has the ability to record high-quality video at up to 60 fps.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
Both a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise for notable clarity. The processor also contributes to a fast 4 fps continuous shooting rate, which can be quickened to 6.1 fps with AF lock, for photographing fast-moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported at up to a 60 fps frame rate. Additionally, the processor affords a fast camera startup time and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF systems ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0″ touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° upward tilting design to better enable working from various shooting angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Through the use of an optional adapter, the M100 is able to work with EF and EF-S mount lenses.
- Creative Assist lets you adjust settings and preview the effects in real time. Personalized settings can be stored for quickly replicating a look, and imagery from other photographers can be imported into the M100 and have the specific exposure settings displayed in order for you to replicate the look and learn how different settings affect the results.
- Benefitting from the 180° tilting touchscreen LCD, a Self-Portrait Mode allows you to make in-camera enhancements to your selfies. Adjustments include smoothing skin tones, blurring the background, and modifying the overall brightness of the scene. A customizable self-timer can also be set in this mode to give you the right amount of time to prepare for your shot.